In this video Simon Plant discusses some of the factors involved in selecting the right lens for your landscape and nature photos. Choosing the right lens is obviously an important part of your photography, and Simon points out that a wide angle lens, although it is a popular choice for landscapes, is not always the answer.
→ Related reading: The Best Landscape Photography Lenses
You’ll see several example photos demonstrating the impact of your lens choice, and you’ll see:
- how camera height impacts your photo
- how camera height and focal length combine to impact a photo
- how focal length impacts the compression of objects in your photo
- when to use a wide angle lens
- how to shoot wide and still get the compression that you want