Creating effective black & white images involves more than simply converting a color photo to black & white. In this video Simon Plant walks us through several different options that you can use to add some life to your black & white conversions with the helpful tools in Lightroom. You will learn about some global adjustments that impact the entire photo, as well as local adjustments that give you fine control over the results. You’ll also learn how to use the black & white mix sliders for powerful results. In the end you will have a much better image after just a few minutes of work.
About The Author
Simon Plant is an award-winning photographer & retoucher with over two decades of experience in the production of people & location photography. Whatever the subject his images share the same unique style and attention to detail from start to finish.These serene moments are created with his personal utilization of colour, light and rich tonal values, together with a personal interaction with his subject. You can find Simon on his websites, PlantPhoto and ProPhotoInsights, as well as on Twitter and 500px.
March 19, 2015
March 31, 2016
- Top 5 Places to Photograph in Each State
- The Best State Parks in Each State
- 15 Steps to an Amazing Landscape Photo
- 11 Steps to Tack-Sharp Landscape Photos
- Tips for Better Sunset Photography
- 10 Tips for Fabulous Waterfall Photography
- Recommended Gear for Landscape Photography
- The Best Lenses for Landscape Photography
- 13 Accessories That Should Be In Every Landscape Photographer’s Camera Bag